So you wanted to be part of the team that is turning Lesotho itself into an Orchard by growing protected fruit trees? From as little as M50 per month, you can now join the National University of Lesotho (NUL) Innovation Hub’s Tholoana Orchard Society by clicking on this link: https://www.tholoanaorchards.co.ls/register
WHO WE ARE
Tholoana Orchard Society (TOC) is an agricultural cooperative under the NUL Innovation Hub formed to invest in, and own, fruit orchards throughout the country. Tholoana further intends to acquire suitable lands of the motherland to grow special, selected herbs which will be harvested and processed to produce herbal teas, essential oils and the likes.
[WhatsApp The CEO of Tholoana Orchard Society, Mr Retsepile Matamane, here for more details: +266 63629058]
HOW WILL THIS BE ACHIEVED?
Suitable lands will be acquired and our team of specialists will inspect the fields to provide a prescription of which fruit trees will be suitable for respective fields. Therefore various fruit orchards will be established, the likes of grapes , peaches , pears , even strawberries and rose-hips . Alongside every orchard, factories will be erected to process the fruits into different kinds of products such as wines, fruit juices, dried fruits, oils, jams, canned fruits and so on. Selected herbs such as lemon verberna will be planted and harnessed to make herbal teas.
HOW WILL MEMBERS BENEFIT?
Members will become shareholders in every business that will be established by the coop.
Shareholding will be built through monthly contributions at a rate of M50/share, meaning, if one is interested in buying three shares per month,the member will be paying M150 every month until he/she decides to increase or decrease the contribution. The minimum month contribution remains M50 per share. Yes, members have the flexibility to increase or decrease their contribution. Dividends will be based on each member’s shareholding at any given moment in time.
WHO CAN BECOME A MEMBER?
Any Mosotho citizen with the right Identification Documents (ID/Passport) and a functioning bank account in any of the banks in Lesotho. Lesotho’s Cooperatives Act does not allow membership of non-citizens.
HOW CAN I JOIN?
You can become a member doing the following:
- Paying M250.00 (M200 membership fee + M50 shareholding) to the Coop’s bank account [account #: 9080007805930, Standard Lesotho Bank, Roma Branch, Branch Code 062867]. Payments can be made at any Standard Lesotho Bank branch in Lesotho or via electronic fund transfer (EFT).
- With photos of your (a) Proof of Payment and (b) ID/Passport ready for upload, then click on the following link to register: https://www.tholoanaorchards.co.ls/register
. Should you have any problems, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or via our WhatsApp line. (+26663629058).
- Please note that you will apply in a two-stage process. You will have to select the amount of shareholding you are willing to pay monthly to buy shares. You will also select the time of the month when such payment should be made. THAT AMOUNT WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY WITHDRAWN FROM YOUR ACCOUNT ON A MONTHLY BASIS and will contribute to your shares. Depending on your bank, there may be charges related to such transactions on your account. e.g. Standard Bank account holders will pay an extra M15 per transaction.
- We are also making it easy for people to join through their mobile money accounts but that service is not up yet.
- FOR HOW LONG DO I KEEP CONTRIBUTING*
Tholoana Orchard Society is a long-term investment kind of business, so member should be prepared to make continuous payments. The limits will be set by the policy in terms of how much the society needs to raise.
WHAT MAKES THOLOANA DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COOPERATIVE SOCIETIES?
- At TOCS, we’re 100% paper-free So? So all the transactions are made electronically and through a bank or mobile money, meaning, permanent records of all transactions remain with the bank and such transactions are traceable. This provides transparency and investor confidence and wards off potential fraud.
- In addition, the new website will be improved such that it does not only allow interested people to join from anywhere in the world but will also enable members to monitor their investments and all the activities of the coop. We don’t just take pride in 100% accountability but in 100% transparency as well
- Operating under the NUL Innovation Hub, we constantly seek to do business differently. We seek innovative approaches to the problem of fruit production and processing.
Join today and be part of the revolution that will transform Lesotho’s